Try All 4 Pot Melt Molds
Stack your fusible scrap glass into an exclusive pot melt mold to create dramatic one-of-a-kind marbled glass. Once hot, the glass flows out of the mold and onto the 1/8" fiber paper protecting your kiln shelf. The custom 7" x 14" durable ceramic support perfectly fits pot melt molds. Included 2" kiln posts are the ideal height for use in the Delphi EZ-Pro 15-6 kiln or larger studio kilns. Durable ceramic pot melt molds measures 6-1/2" wide by 2-1/2" deep, you get all four styles shown below. Also includes Delphi Tips and instruction sheet. Click on "View Product Video" to learn more about setting up your pot melt. A Delphi Exclusive.
See how it works (images below):
1. Place 1/8" fiber paper on level kiln shelf. Elevate pot melt support with kiln posts. Place pot melt mold in support.
2. Fill your mold with compatible fusible glass.
3. Fuse, making sure that your glass reaches the maximum temperature to enable the molten glass to flow out of the mold leaving behind as little glass as possible helping to prevent the mold from thermal shocking.
4. Display your one-of-a-kind pot melt creation, or continue creating by slumping, cold-working, or cutting up your pot melt to use in other fused projects.
Tips on Using Pot Melt Molds
- Work on a level kiln shelf.
- Do NOT kiln wash pot melt molds.
- Experiment using different slumping molds instead of kiln shelves to melt glass onto. The glass will take the shape and texture of the mold you choose.
- There is no way to get all of the glass out of the mold. However if you layer clear in the bottom first with your colors on top you'll have less mixing of colors when you do a new project.
- Not intended for use in table top kilns.
Fused plate below created by Delphi artist Val Oswalt-De Waard using Pot Melt Mold #24692.