Learn an exciting new craft in an afternoon! Create your own beautifully colored metal jewelry, bowls, boxes and art. Discover the ancient art of enameling and all of its beautiful and exciting possibilities. This beginner kit includes everything you need: furnace, tools, enamels, projects and instructions. Make colorful, vibrant enameled art on your very first try!
- Electric hotplate furnace
- Set of firing trivets and spatula
- 2 oz. holding agent
- Six each of copper squares, circles and ovals (about 1-1/2")
- 8 opaqe copper enamels (2 oz. each)
- 8 oz. lump enamel
- 1 oz. enamel threads
- Beginner's Enameling Course Instruction Guide
- Copper Enameling Project Book
- Hot Pad 6-5/8" Square
- 2" Enamel Sifter
Project by Dorothy Cockrell. From "Beginner's Guide to Enameling" book #6553.
Step-by-Step: Copper Enameling
See images below
1. Clean copper with metal polish.
2. Sift on a layer of enamel.
3. Place on tripod in furnace. Fire until surface is smooth and glossy.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for additional colors.
Step-by-step images by Dorothy Cockrell.