Learn to create spectacular fused glass projects using this surprisingly simple system. Just add colored glass powder and the project base glass. Kit includes 3 acrylic stencils, 8gm Glass Tattoo Gue, 3 squeeze bottles, spreader knife, 2 lifter tabs and detailed instructions.
To clean stencil after use place in a tub of water with automatic dishwasher detergent and scrub with a brush. If the stencil has been sitting and the glass tattoo goo has harden let it sit in the soapy water before trying to scrub with a brush.
Glass Tattoo Gue Process:
Glass Tattoo Gue Tack Fuse Firing Schedule:
- Simply mix 8 gm glass tattoo gue with 1 cup room temperature water, 1 tsp bleach
- Shake mixture and let sit for 6-8 hours creating a thick medium.
- Mix equal parts frit and glass tattoo gue medium.
- Place the Glass Tattoo Stencil on a piece of fusing glass then fill the stencil cavities.
- Level and smooth the Glass Tattoo Gue with an artist's palette knife. Add any additional decorative components such as stringers, coarse fit, etc.
- Then lift the stencil straight up to reveal your masterful creation.
- Fire according to fring schedule below.
Note: All kilns are not alike. Your kiln size, controller type and individual project may require some aleration to the firing schedule for best results. Delphi suggests keeping a firing log to make it easy to replicate your favorite projects.
- Segment 1 - 200° F an hour up to 175° F and hold for 30 minutes.
- Segment 2 - 350° F an hour up to 1150° F and hold for 30 minutes.
- Segment 3 - 600° F an hour up to 1290° F and hold for 10 minutes.
- Segment 4 - AFAS down to 900° F for 90 COE or 950° F for 96 COE and hold for 1 - 2 hours.
- Segment 5 - 125° F an hour down to 200° F and hold for 0 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before opening.
Project image courtesy of Wardell Products.