Dichroic Decal Paper Makes Creating Intricate Designs Easy!
Designing with dichroic has never been easier - simply cut any shape with scissors or decorative craft punches and apply like a decal! The intense colors and vivid metallic shine of DichroMagic Dichroic can be layered between thin glass to build depth, or even fired on top for accents that really pop. Compatible with any COE, so you can use the same Dichroic Decal Paper for all your fused creations. Sheet measurements may vary. Each sheet will be equivelent to 1/4 of an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet. Sheet may measure 4-1/2" x 5-1/2" or 2-3/4" x 8-1/2".
Third image shows the decal paper before firing.
- Cut or punch designs from Dichroic Decal Paper.
- Soak Dichroic Decal in distilled water for 30 to 60 seconds (until decal begins to slide easily away from backing paper).
- Slide Dichroic Decal gently onto glass. Float decal on water until positioned as desired on project.
- Gently press center of Dichroic Decal down, swipe outward toward edges to remove air bubbles. Pat dry with a paper towel or soft cloth.
- Allow Dichroic Decals to dry completely before stacking glass layers or firing.
- Fire to a maximum of 1500°F for best results.
Shown are a decorative plate featuring un-capped Dichroic Decal Paper, and a cabochon featuring capped Dichroic Decal Paper by artist Kayleigh Clark. Also shown is an example of the full range of Rainbow Coating - the exact color of the piece you receive may vary. Step-by-step images courtesy of Austin Thin Films. Stained glass panel by artist Lanayia Shaw with fired dichroic slide accent pieces.