Pot Melt Mold Assortment - 3 Pack
Get all three pot melt mold styles in one kit. Assortment includes one of each; single hole, multi hole and rectangle multi hole. The most economical way to try all the pot melt molds.
Stack your fusible scrap glass into an exclusive pot melt mold to create dramatic one-of-a-kind marbled glass. Place the mold on top of kiln posts and dams or pot melt support #24698 inside the kiln. Once hot, the glass flows out of the mold and onto the 1/8" fiber paper protecting your kiln shelf. Durable ceramic molds measure 6-1/2" wide by 2-1/2" deep. Includes Delphi Tips and instruction sheet. Click on "View Product Video" to learn more about setting up your pot melt. A Delphi Exclusive.
See how it works (images below):
- Place 1/8" fiber paper on level kiln shelf. Elevate pot melt support with kiln posts. Place pot melt mold in support.
- Fill your mold with compatible fusible glass.
- Fuse, making sure that your glass reaches the maximum temperature to enable the molten glass to flow out of the mold leaving behind as little glass as possible helping to prevent the mold from thermal shocking.
- Display your one-of-a-kind pot melt creation, or continue creating by slumping, cold-working, or cutting up your pot melt to use in other fused projects.
For complete instructions and tips click "View User Manual".
Tips on Using Pot Melt Molds
- Work on a level kiln shelf.
- Do NOT kiln wash pot melt molds.
- Experiment using different slumping molds instead of kiln shelves to melt glass onto. The glass will take the shape and texture of the mold you choose.
- There is no way to get all the glass out of the mold. However if you layer clear in the bottom first with your colors on top you'll have less mixing of colors when you do a new project.
- Not intended for use in table top kilns.
Fused plate below created by Delphi artist Val Oswalt-De Waard using Pot Melt Mold #24692.