Glaze Coat is a two-part resin product for finishing and protecting art glass mosaics, jewelry and more. Use on indoor projects for a thick, glossy coating. Large kit includes 32 total ounces of product (shipped in two parts that you'll mix together when you're ready to use). Simple directions are included so you can be assured success - even on your first project!
- Preparation: Project surface must be level, clean and dry. Cover surrounding surfaces with several layers of masking tape.
- Measure: Pour equal parts of resin and hardener in separate clean and disposable cups.
- Mix: Pour hardener carefully into the resin container and thoroughly mix for 6 minutes.
- Pour: Glaze Coat must immediately be poured onto the center of the surface to be covered. You will have 15-20 minutes before it begins to harden.
- Surface Bubbles: Air bubbles typically rise to the surface and disappear on their own, if not use a toothpick to pop while mixture is still wet.
- Cover Project: Keep dust away for 8 hours after pouring. If a second coat is desired, allow to cure for 4-5 hours at room temperate before applying.
- Curing: To achieve best results let sit undisturbed for 72 hours total between 70° - 80° F.
Kit covers approximately 9 square feet.
Use Glaze Coat to get a shiny, glossy finish to your mosaics. Durable resin coat preserves your art. Artist: Roy Kapp. Goldfish by artist Dane Porter.