THE BIG DUCK, Flanders, Long Island

3 loves
Description:

The Big Duck is a ferrocement building in the shape of a duck located in Flanders, New York, on Long Island.  It was originally built in 1931, by duck farmer Martin Maurer in nearby Riverhead and used as a shop to sell ducks and duck eggs.  It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997.  It is a principal building on the Big Duck Ranch, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.