Easily Add Detail
Etching is a great technique for creating beautiful designs on glass. Just apply a stencil, brush on etching cream, let it stand a few minutes, and wash off. Etched designs on mirrors look especially decorative and are very popular. Or try etching on dichroic glass to add perfect detail to jewelry. See step-by-step below. Note: always wear rubber gloves when using etching cream. Will not etch plastic and some Pyrex.
- Ideal for removing the coating of dichroic glass or iridized glass.
- This method is best on clear glass. It will eat into the surface of the glass, however this technique is more subtle than actual sandblasting.
Project created by Delphi Artist Julie Haan using a 4" Mirror Bevel #5240MIR and box #10372. Snowflake project created by artist Kayleigh Clark.
This item cannot be shipped air.
Step-By-Step: Bottle Votive Holder
1. Place self sticking stencil on glass.
2. Apply etching cream.
3. Wait 5 minutes and rinse.
4. Mark your place then repeat steps 1 through 3.