Multi-color glass features a granite texture. This texture adds depth and complexity to projects making it a popular choice.
Youghiogheny glass is popular among glass artists for its uncompromising quality and unique colors created by mixing artistry with technology. It recreates the magnificence of nature's palate.
How to Cut Handrolled Glass
By George Ayars, Delphi Expert
Incredibly beautiful handrolled glass can be more challenging to cut, the extra time and effort produces breath-taking results.
Cutting Handrolled Glass:
- Always cut on the smoothest side
- Score as light as you would on a smooth cathedral
- Score slowly. This avoids skipping over the rougher surface and allows the cutter to make a more complete score
- Drag some part of your hand as you score, just as you would when you write or draw. This second point of contact (the cutter head is the first point) gives your hand more control
- To cut deep inside curves, make a series of scores
Project by artist Kayleigh Clark.
Photo above is a general representation of glass colors. Colors may vary
. Sizes are Approximate.