Originally designed as a knife sharpener, the Speedy Sharp is the best kept secret of glass artists for scoring and breaking glass rods and tubes. This off-label use has produced fantastic results time after time. The tungsten carbide blade features 2 edges, doubling the life, even under heavy use. A rubber handle provides comfort and superior grip.
Step-by-Step: Scoring Glass Rods and Tubes
(See additional images)
- Slide sheath 1/8" to 1/4" down exposing the entire blade.
- Holding the knife securely, line the edge of the blade at a 45 degree angle to the glass rod or tube. Rotate around to score.
- Apply a few drop of water to the score line.
- Place thumbs about 1/2" on either side of score line.
- Using firm and even pressure, break down and away from you.