Use with Super Slicer attachment #57108 to cut slab glass, pattern bars, millefiori, streamers, cans, rods and other small objects in perfectly parallel thin slices. Cuts slices as thin as 1/8". Super Slicer blade only fits the Taurus 3 ring saw #57003. Includes 2 orange grommets.
The flocked belt (sold separately) #5750 is recommended for use with this blade, providing the best blade support and stability while cutting.
- Blade Shape: Flat .040 width x .150 length.
- Grit is fine.
- Material Thickness Capacity: 3/4", normal use is for slicing thin wafers in rods and pattern bars, and scroll cutting of fused glass up to 3/8" thickness.
- Average Blade Life: 50-100 hours
There are universal truths about all of the blades that hold true for all of them:
- All blades cut the same materials: glass, tile, stone, shell, nonferrous metals, hard plastics such as acrylic and lexan, and anything that has a similar density to these materials.
- All blades use the same belt and grommets. Blades are interchangeable with the same belt and grommets and do not need to be changed unless they are excessively worn.
- Always let the blade do the cutting. Forcing the blade through the material in a hurry will not only cause a slower cut but can also shorten the blade life. There is an optimum speed for each blade in each material; you can feel it while you are cutting. Sensitivity to this causes extremely long blade life Defined it is that point at which you get maximum cutting speed for minimal pressure.
Pattern bar bowl from "Contemporary Warm Glass," book #6814.