For Ultimate Speed with Your Saw
The blade's innovative design uses a narrower profile, making it the most aggressive blade available for the Taurus 3 saw. Cut faster than ever, and with the same precision you are accustomed to with quality Gemini products. Blade includes grommets and a special heavy duty flocked belt that offers extra reinforcement for use with the Speed Blade or Slicer Blade.
- Blade Shape: Tear Drop .055 inside x .150 (front to back).
- Grit is aggressive.
- Material Thickness Capacity: 3/4", normal use is fused glass, stained glass, ceramic tile and stone. Note: you will have to remove the stabilizer foot to use the full 3/4" capacity.
- What to Avoid: Do not cut thin dichroic glass as it will chip easily. Demonstrate to students its action prior to letting them use it, explaining the tear drop shape and its uniqueness.
- Average Blade Life: 50-100 hours
There are universal truths about all of the blades that hold true for all of them:
- All blades cut the same materials: glass, tile, stone, shell, nonferrous metals, hard plastics such as acrylic and lexan, and anything that has a similar density to these materials.
- All blades use the same belt and grommets. Blades are interchangeable with the same belt and grommets and do not need to be changed unless they are excessively worn.
- Always let the blade do the cutting. Forcing the blade through the material in a hurry will not only cause a slower cut but can also shorten the blade life. There is an optimum speed for each blade in each material; you can feel it while you are cutting. Sensitivity to this causes extremely long blade life Defined it is that point at which you get maximum cutting speed for minimal pressure.