Soldering iron stands are a must-have for anyone who solders regularly. The Studio Pro Soldering Iron stand is well-balanced for stability. The heavy steel coiled wire cage prevents the hot soldering iron from touching the work surface and protects hands and nearby objects. The convenient sponge and sponge-well allows for quick and easy cleaning of soldering iron during use.
- Assemble the soldering iron stand by removing the nut from the base of the wire cage.
- Insert the cage into the hole located on the base of the stand behind the sponge well.
- Turn the stand over and screw the nut clockwise until snug, making sure the cage is facing forward before completely tightening nut down.
- Place the small rectangular tip cleaning sponge into the well located in the center of the base. Wet the sponge before use with water.
- To clean soldering iron wipe tip against the wet sponge during soldering.
- Excess solder can be removed by tapping the tip of the soldering iron on the metal base and allowing solder to drop into the center well.